The Yellowbirds Volunteer Auxiliary was established in November 1966 as an invaluable partner of the Princess Margaret Hospital and continues to be a vibrant and ever increasing body of concerned citizens committed to supporting the hospital in a wide variety of ways.
The Group provides voluntary services, supports the purchase of modern technological equipment and financial assistance to staff development for the overall enhancement of quality healthcare for clients utilizing the hospital services.
Since its inception, the Yellowbirds’ scope of services has included:
- Information desk services in the front lobby of the hospital;
- A Gift Shop located in the hospital that supplies basic food items and toiletries for patients, families and staff;
- A Canteen that provides snacks primarily for Out-Patient clients;
- Clerical assistance in the wards and decorating of the hospital during holidays;
- Financial assistance for the purchasing of modern medical equipment; and
- Staff professional development.
For more information on membership and volunteer opportunities with the Yellowbirds, please contact us at 242-322-2861 Ext. 2130.